Cashel Western Trail Saddle
One of Cashel’s most popular saddles, this Cashel Trail features a short, rounded skirt – great for the shorter backed horse!
A big cheyenne roll and long strings add to the western look while providing ample space for trail gear and accessories.
The understated elegance comes from white stitching around the double padded seat and border tooling on seat jockeys, fenders, and skirt.
A cutout skirt provides the close contact feel that riders are looking for today. In skirt rigging reduces the bulk under the fender for close contact with your horse.
Built on an AXIS tree, you’ll find strength in the fiberglass coating as well as some additional weather proofing. The AXIS bar tips are designed to flare up and away from the horse’s shoulders for more freedom of movement.
Made from Hermann Oak leather.
AXIS Tree Features
- Bar tips flare up and away from the horse’s shoulder to eliminate any interference of natural movement
- Double stirrup leather cut out eliminates uneven pressure under the saddle and provides an even contact surface
- Unlike traditional rawhide trees, the fiberglass ground seat is specifically molded to fit the rider’s needs and adds 1000 pounds of resistant strength to the tree
- Bars are designed to provide full and even contact to the horse’s back
- Only the finest kiln-dried hand selected lumber is sealed with a durable ageless fiberglass coating
Specifications for Cashel Western Trail Saddle
- Tree: AXIS Quarter Horse, Wide, and XWide
- Leather: Chocolate Hermann Oak
- Gullet: Standard (6.5″), Wide (7″) or Extra Wide (7.5″)
- Gullet Height: 7.5″
- Cantle Height: 4″
- Seat Size: 15″, 16″, or 17″
- Horn Height: 3″
- Horn Cap: 2-1/4″
- Skirt Length: 15″ Seat – 25″; 16″ seat – 26″; 17″ seat – 27″
- Swell: 12.5″
- Rigging: In-skirt rigging in 7/8 position
- Weight: Approx 24.5 lbs